I still can’t believe that I’ve been nominated for a blog award – I didn’t even know there was such a thing. Thank you so much to the BookBimbo for nominating me. The BookBimbo is a fellow book challenge blogger – do check out her blog. It’s great and she makes some incredibly insightful comments on the books she reads.
It’s only in the last few months that I’ve started taking blogging seriously. As some of you may know, in an ideal world I’d like to be a writer and so blogging about my progress and reviewing books along the way, allows me to practice writing regularly.
As I’ve recently taken a sabbatical, I now have time to read other people’s blogs, such as those who have similar interests as mine, or those who like me, have crazy aspirations. There are loads of fantastic blogs out there that make me smile and so I’m really honoured that someone has nominated me for this.
The Sunshine Award is given by bloggers to other comrade bloggers whose blogs have brightened up their day in one way or another.
This award requires that I post the award picture and link back to the person who nominated me. I also have to answer 10 questions and nominate 10 other bloggers for the award.
So here are the questions – I apologise for my ramblings in advance.
1. Favourite colour – Blue. I can’t narrow it down to a specific blue I’m afraid. Blue is the colour of the sea, which is where some of my nearest and dearest either work or play.
2. Favourite animal - I actually can’t answer this one, as I love nearly all animals (except bugs and snakes eeeeeeeek). But, I do have a confession to make. Until embarrassingly recently, I thought that Rhinoceroses had been extinct since dinosaur times. “Oh my days” I hear you say – “how is it actually possible that she’s a lawyer?” Well in honour of my ignorance, here is a photo of a Rhino that I saw on Safari – this obviously proved me wrong.
3. Favourite number - What an incredibly random question. I know that some people are superstitious about numbers, but I’m really not. When I was little I used to like the number 22 though, because it looks like two swans, so I guess I’ll have to stick with that.
4. Favourite non-alcoholic drink - This will have to be Tea, no Coffee, no Tea ahhhhhhh I can’t decide. I can’t cope without either. At the moment I’m a little bit obsessed with Tea Pigs Chocolate Flake Tea.
5. Prefer Facebook or Twitter - I really dislike Facebook at the moment. I hate how people use Facebook to invite you to parties instead of by real life paper invites; I hate how people write mindless comments about their life and expect you to respond to them; I hate how my whole life could potentially be publicised on there so that people who I shouldn’t have accepted friend requests from, know every tinsy winsy detail about my life; I hate how I’m guilty of at least some of the above. So the very long-winded answer is Twitter.
6. My passion – Well writing obviously. I also love reading great novels that have a lasting impact on me – I hope that one day, someone will feel the same about my novel. My other passions include eating scrummy fresh prepared food and listening to music that reminds me of a particular point in my life.
7. Prefer Giving or Getting presents - I know that it sounds a little spurious to say ‘giving’, but I really think that I do prefer this. I get really excited about looking for presents for people, and I even have a ‘Gifts’ favourites folder on my computer for different present ideas for close family members and friends.
8. Favourite pattern - It has to be anything that is vaguely nautical related, such as navy and white stripes, boat patterns or anchor patterns. Not that I would choose such patterns for curtains or carpets, just clothes.
9. Favourite day of the week – As I’m currently on a sabbatical, every day is my favourite day of the week. This week, my favourite day will be Tuesday as my husband is coming home from sea. Hurrah!
10. Favourite flower - I love lilies, but after a very large vet bill and an oceans amount of tears later, I discovered that they are highly poisonous to cats. You’ll be pleased to hear that my cat, Bellatrix, thankfully survived this ordeal. I do love Lilly of the Valley though. My Grandmother’s wedding bouquet was Lilly of the Valley and at my Grandparent’s Golden Wedding Anniversary, my late Granddad had a replica bouquet made for her. It was such a beautiful and moving gesture.
And now for 10 blogs. Some are fellow book worms and aspiring writers. Some are wonderfully inspiring blogs that I’ve stumbled across during my World Wide Web wanderings. Do check them out if you have a smidgen of a moment.
Firstly some fellow book bloggers:
1. BookBimbo – Of Course.
And a selection of blogs on other topics:
5. Further Bound – love, love love this travel blog. It’s also a refreshingly honest account of overcoming life’s hurdles.
6. Rising to the Berry – for any baking enthusiasts.
7. Appazoogle – a really interesting blog discussing and debating the role of technology and it’s interaction with the publishing press.
8. Charlotte Taylor – a friend of mine who first starting blogging about her journey to become a fashion designer. She’s inspirationally passionate, which has undoubtedly paid off for her.
9. The Bald Hiker – Incredible blog with beautiful photography.
10. Delishhh – Scrumptious.
To leave with you a quote, as I often do. This is one of my favourites:
“You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.” – Dr Seuss